On my last leg of my journey home from Evangelical Friends Mission Board Meetings today, on my flight from Atlanta to Wichita, I had an interesting encounter.
I was on the plane, by the window next to a friendly lady, and on the other side of her was a man that had been fairly quiet the first leg of the journey. At one time, he spoke to the flight attendant about the headphones on the plane not meeting American Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and asked about leaving feedback. This man, though disabled, was smiling and friendly and winking constantly.
At one point, the lady next to me complimented the ring on his finger. As he explained the ring, he pointed out the Eagle on the ring, saying God made us to soar like eagles. He pointed out that eagles have mind and body, but humans additonally have the Holy Spirit. He commented that eagles have to leave their nest though.
This struck this eaglette, as these were words I needed to hear. Although God is calling me to leave my nest (Kansas) I am still in God's care and must trust Him every step of the way.

1 comment:
Once again. AMEN!
Post a Comment