Search & Win

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Speed of Life

One thing I was reflecting on today was weekend in the states. Though I often did have necessary activities, there was the sort of mentality "that I was supposed to be doing something" If nothing else, I'd find reasons to go places/do things. Here, partly because not being right in the city, partly because of not having a car that is not my lifestyle. This has taken some getting used to...if you would have seen my calendar in the states it was a bit hectic at times. Something was always going on.

Here, it is more informal, dinner at someone's house, friends over for brunch, watching DVDs of TV shows with other missionaries etc. The activities are much more low cost (let's face it I like to shop in the states, esp. for books...) and more community focused. My community right now is other missionaries, some with EFM, some with other organizations.

Yet, in the midst of all this, I am still working on being intentional about solitude....

No comments: