Search & Win

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A day in my life (pre-school season)

Wake up around 6 am/7 am—usually not by choice, outside noises, or my body thinking it’s done sleeping. Hoping this will change as I continue to adjust!



A bit after I get up Eat breakfast—I usually have toast etc



9-12

Tuesdays-Fridays: Kinyarwandan language lessons—this will change once school is in session.

Mondays: Usually spent in the school, organizing etc

Saturdays: I think this will be our day off.

Sundays: will be church time, I missed the first week due to jet lag having me up in the middle of the night, and than when I fell back asleep I was up too late to make it, oops!



12ish—Lunch time!! Leftovers or something light typically. Example—yesterday for lunch we had leftover potato soup and some YUMMY carrots. Everything tastes much fresher here.



Afternoons:

Mondays-Fridays: typically spent in the school

Saturdays: day off

Sunday: not quite sure yet, may be a time of fellowship, rest etc. Will know more once school starts/I have been here longer.



Dinner: Varies on what we have/what time we have it. Have had pasta, tacos, chili, many things.



Evenings: Also varies, have had movie nights, played games/laughed, skyped with family/friends back home.



This will change a lot once school starts, but this is a very nice schedule to help me get adjusted.

1 comment:

Vincents said...

Liz,
so good to get your encouragement today. It sounds like you will be in Rwanda for awhile. I would love to connect while we are there. lishavincent@hotmail.com is my email. (adoptrwanda.blogspot.com)
:) Best wishes with all your good work in Rwanda!