Search & Win

Monday, November 12, 2012

Nothing is Random

I was reminded yesterday that nothing is random.

I was working at church last night, and my friend who had been working in the nursery that morning came by the church to pick up a specific pen that she had left in the nursery.  She mentioned it was her pen that she used to journal.

The word journal must have sparked something in me, because today when I was at a bookstore that word echoed in my head and I picked up a new journal.  I haven't really journaled in a while.  Yet, I felt that spark.

There is nothing fresher than a new notebook full of blank pages, waiting for their turn to be filled. Sometimes I want to flip to the back page and write something on that page so it is not left out.

Yet, that would defeat the purpose of the journey. Page 1 ultimately leads to page 100, but everything in between matters, even random numbers like 71. The heartache, the loneliness, the joy--they all matter.

You matter.

No comments: