Search & Win

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Update from Rwanda!

I am finally here, yeah!!

I am working on getting settled here in Rwanda. I feel so blessed to have a great team to be a part of! Brad and Chelsea and Molly (all with EFM) have been so very very helpful during this adjustment phase.

Yesterday was my first full day in Rwanda--I got my bags unpacked (I still am going to do some re-organizing of my room), got to see the school, find a nearby place to get a Coke, and than we went into Kigali! This was a whole new experience, and again I was so thankful for Brad, Chelsea and Molly! With their help my money got exchanged, I got a little Rwandan cell phone, and a notebook for when I am ready to join into the language lessons that Chelsea and Molly are currently taking.

Rwanda is so beautiful, it takes my breath away. I put pictures on facebook (add link) but everyone should be able to see them, if you can not please let me know so I can figure something out. There are pictures of Kigali, the house and my room so you can see where I live.

I am really enjoying the weather here. It was about 84 yesterday and I am told that it is usually 70-85 year round. I am really not missing Kansas heat and humidity! :) Right now its dry season, and I've been told it will look more lush during rainy seasons, but I still think it is quite beautiful here, I really enjoy the majesty of God's creation!

Right now the only struggle I am having is sleeping. I wake up at about 330 am here. Tuesday night I was able to fall back asleep, but no luck tonight/this morning. I know this will change soon. The blessing of this, is I have been able to chat online with friends back home.

I will keep the updates coming as I am able!

No comments: