I decided to jot some notes as I went about the day, as I know I posted before school starts what a day was typically life, but I thought it would be fun to do a school day. Enjoy reading!
7:45 am-8:30 am--I get to the school and prepare for the day: get all my books out, write homework and daily oral language on the board.
8:30-9 am—Bible Time--Thursdays I meet with the older girls for 'small group'. It is two 7th graders and a 5th grader. It varies depending on what our topic is; today we finished a mini-study on Fruits of the Spirit. I really enjoy this small group time.
9-9:50 am--7th grade Language Arts! Today a poem was assigned to write, as well as a study guide for a test next week discussed. They then had time to work on things that were assigned earlier this week.
9:50 am-10 am--Short break, check my email; get ready for my next class.
10 am-10:25 am--4th/5th Language Arts---today we went over daily oral language answers, worked on oral speech, and practiced for the spelling test tomorrow!
10:25 am-10:35 am--another short break, grading is typically done here.
10:35 am-10:45 am—7th Reading-Discussion with their reading partner about the chapters they read last night. Pass out study guide for comprehension check over the books they read.
10:45 am--11:40 Am—7th-History Reading on the assassination of Lincoln. Then they are broken up into 2 groups and rotate between Geography Lesson and time to work on their current event.
11:40-12:20--Lunch. It takes us till about 11:55/12 for everyone to be done eating. Today it was burritos. After I eat I go to my house (next door to the school) to refresh my water and get anything I might have forgotten.
12:20-1-Today the 7th graders have typing (in 2 groups). If they aren't typing, they are reading or working on something quietly (well usually).
1-1:30--The 1st/2nd graders have typing, while I am going between them and the 4th/5th graders who are doing geography and a science listening and workbook program.
1:30-2-1st/2nd. History---We have been learning about the Renaissance, and are continuing to read about it. We are also working on a Geography song for South America. We have also started reading about people coming to North America, so we are reading about the Mayflower. (during this time, I check on 4th/5th graders who are working on their history project)
2-2:40-1st/2nd Science—We are learning about weather, so we work on Weather tracking today after reviewing weather related terms. (During this time, I check on the 4th/5th graders, who are working on their workbooks).
2:40-2:50--Break, Get ready for art
2:50--3:25--Art with 4th-7th grade---We are working on Easter Art, watercolor eggs and (tissue paper) stained glass crosses. We are also using window markers to decorate for Easter.
3:25--Clean up and do jobs. The jobs for the older kids include shelving library books, closing windows, cleaning whiteboards, shutting down the computer lab, filling up the water filter, cleaning up recess supplies, and for one lucky child a week—being off.
3:30—School is done for the day!

No comments:
Post a Comment