Search & Win

Monday, April 12, 2010

Kenya Trip

Hello everyone!! I had a great time in Kenya and have about 70 pictures up on Facebook, so check them out! I have videos I hope to upload at some point.

I went to Kenya with two of my friends that teach at the international Christian school here in Kigali. It was a blessing to get to travel and spend time with them.

First, we went to Nairobi for 3 days. I was able to go to a few malls and see 2 movies (no theatres in Kigali)-Blind Side (loved it) and Alice in Wonderland (so so). We also got to see some animals—Giraffes and Elephants! The Giraffes were open to being ‘kissed’ (if you put a treat in your mouth) but it was more like being slobbered all over! The elephant orphanage was interesting, so many adorable babies!

Then we flew to Mombasa, for about 5 days. I loved the Indian Ocean and the warm water. I had never been offered so many things to buy on a beach though—crafts, trips etc, so that was a bit annoying when one is trying to relax! I did spend a lot of time reading and loved the slow, lazy days. We went into town one of the days just to see the town, and a Portuguese fort—Fort Jesus. We also went to a crocodile village—where they had several thousand crocs, and amazingly I didn’t have nightmares after that!

On Friday, our last day, I went snorkeling for the first time, in a coral reef out a ways in the ocean. It was amazing to see all the fish—one zebra fish swam right up to my mask!

I was sad for the trip to be over, as I really needed that time to recharge. However, it was good to get back into the routine of school again today.
We only have 9 weeks of school left—it has really flown by! It will be weird when it all draws to a close, but I know God is in control of the rest of the year and my next year in the states!

1 comment:

jackson3 said...

sounds awesome, i am so gald you get to expierence everthing you can while you are over there! i'm a tad jealous my spring break wasn't as cool! =) i want sooooooooooooooooooo badly for you to work with me (well in a round about kinda way!)