Search & Win

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cooking


One of the things I wanted to try on my farm-cation was to try out some recipes I hadn’t had time to try out yet. I have tried four and all were pretty successful.

Gluten Free Pepperoni Bake---This was pretty easy and good, and it makes pretty decent leftovers.

Cucumber-Honeydew-Feta Salad—Out of everything I made this week, this was my favorite, I loved the combo of the sweet honeydew and the salty feta.  The lemon juice/olive oil vinaigrette you make to go with it is also really yummy.

Potato and Chard salad (called for Swiss chard, but all the store had was Rainbow, still worked)—This was good fresh, but not a great leftover.  It needs crunch or something too it. If I was going to make it again, I would toast some cubes of a gluten free baguette for some croutons. 

Dried Strawberries—this made the house smell amazing!! It called for salt and pepper, and I over-peppered, which usually doesn’t bother me, but they have a little kick to them.

No comments: