Search & Win

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Solitude


I haven’t been very good at blogging. Life has been busy, and some days I just don’t have a spark to kindle my writing flame.  I’ve been directing writing energy lately to a blog we are getting going at work, which has been fun and has gotten my writing juices flowing.

I’ve been spending the past few days on a “farm-cation.” Pretty much I have been farm/house/animal sitting.  I gather eggs, feed and give water to a variety of animals, hose off dogs after they have been swimming in the pond, discovered the homing pigeons had two babies and even caught some fireflies.  I have been reading a lot, napping some and just enjoying some unscheduled days.

Besides seeing a longtime friend on Monday evening and having small interaction with a bank teller and a grocery store clerk on Wednesday I have seen no other humans.  I have really felt like I have needed some time to quiet down and spend some time away, and this has been great and not nearly as expensive as a beach vacation.

The quiet is restorative, and allows me time to unwind and let the knots of tension I have built up uncoil.  I am thankful for this little corner to be quiet and just put my feet up with a good book.

No comments: