Below is my 1st prayer newsletter, that I will be sending out via email monthly. The version I email out includes pictures, more text features so if you'd like to be on the list just let me know, thanks!
October 5th, 2008
Greetings!! It is exciting for me to get to write the first of my monthly updates, and I hope you enjoy a snippet of my journey!
March 2008 found me in the starting point of discerning a leading from God to go to Rwanda and in June of 2008 I applied to Evangelical Friends Missions (http:// www.friendsmission.com/) for a 2 year term in Rwanda, teaching in a school for missionary’s children. That is the super condensed version. I would love to share more with you in person or if you are not local, over the phone.
I am hoping to be able to go in January or February and am currently working to raise prayer and financial support, in order for this goal to be met.
This is most certainly a time I would appreciate prayers, as I prepare for the transition and than pick up and move!
Prayer Requests:
*For my remembrance of Psalm 23 as a source of encouragement.
*For prayer partners and financial supporters to be raised up.
Praises:
*For my supportive family and friends!!
*For continued opportunities to minister to children and youth, to continue to nurture and strengthen my spiritual gifts that I will need in the years to come.
Quick Facts about Rwanda:
(from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rw.html and http://www.worldinfozone.com/country.php?country=Rwanda)
Population: 10,186,063
Comparative Area: slightly smaller than Maryland
Official Languages: Kinyarwanda, French, English
Border countries: Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania, Uganda
Climate: temperate; two rainy seasons (February to April, November to January)
Geography: Rwanda is landlocked, and most of the country is savanna grassland.
Food: Beans, plantains and sweet potatoes, beef, chicken, spinach, soybeans, avocados, bananas, citrus fruits, mangoes, papayas, passion fruit and pineapples.
Animals found in Rwanda: gorillas, antelopes, buffaloes, chimpanzees, elephants, giraffes and zebras
I appreciate you taking time to read this letter, and hope you have found out some information you may not have known. I am always happy to answer questions or to clarify any information. I look forward to sharing more about my journey with you!
In God’s peace,
Liz

1 comment:
Great letter Liz!! I am in awe that you are getting to go - praise God! I have not forgotten about sending the curriculum stuff to you - I hope to get it in the mail in the next couple of days.
Post a Comment