Search & Win

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to Liz's new blog :)

Why have I created a new blog? Well my old one had 140 some posts and was getting old and cluttered.

And my blog now has a purpose persay--to keep people I know and love updated on my life. Because in a few months I (God willing) will not be living in Kansas....the goal is for me to be living in Rwanda (Africa).

WHAATTTT?!? AFRICA!?!? may be what some of you are saying/thinking. That's what I said at first when God nudged me in March...but He nudged me again in June and I could not ignore the leading. I had a clearness committee (a Quaker process of discerning a leading) at my meeting/church and they felt that I should submit my application. This application being for a 2 year term to Rwanda to teach in a homeschool co-op for missionaries children, with parents from various denominations. So my application was sent to Evangelical Friends Missions and the process began rolling. References checked, an interview, a psych eval etc

Than on Friday, 9/5 I found out I was APPROVED! :)

So what happens now is I go next week to fund-raising school in Chicago than work to not only fundraise but to raise prayer partners as well!

I will be posting more in the next few weeks for specifics on my call to this field, updates on how I am doing (and feeling), so watch this space!

Love,
Liz

4 comments:

LaVonna said...

YEA! I like mist. It shows something untouchable but present. Hmmm... kind of like the Spirit? Loving you and am so amazed at your willingness to serve God in what ever capacity he presents you with. I pray you will continue to have affirmations flood over you.

Gladys said...

Good Lookin' blog Liz. Awfully pink though.

How about telling the story about getting called to this next. I remember feeling amazed when you told me the story. It ought to be recorded on here.

Love you mucho,
Gladys

Jess said...

This sounds amazing Liz! I am looking forward to following along!

tishtots said...

I am so happy about all the things the Lord is doing for you in your life. Rwanda! Amazing!